Fun Facts About Holiday Packages
‘Tis the season to wrap, box, and mail. Ready for a break? Consider these thought-provoking facts about holiday packaging:
- Christmas gifts haven’t always been wrapped. Prior to the early 1900s, toys and candies were hung on the Christmas tree.
- 70% of people actually enjoy gift wrapping.
- 71% of adults believe women are better gift wrappers than men.
- In the early 1900s, presents were wrapped in white tissue paper and red satin ribbon. Straight pins held the wrapping together.
- In 1917, Hallmark invented gift wrap when the store ran out of tissue paper.
- The U.S. generates four million tons of trash from holiday wrapping paper and shopping bags.
- UPS plans to hire up to 95,000 seasonal employees to deliver packages during this holiday season.